Thursday 24 April 2014

Juicing: week 1


Hi Guys,

I'm one of those people who every so often gets the urge to go on a diet, or start a healthy eating regime that I never end up sticking to. But then I started looking in to juicing, I've seen over the last couple of months floating around the internet, different juice detox's and juice deals and I thought that they looked interesting but the price tag always put me off buying them.


http://pieceofthenet.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/juicing-week-1.html

Which brings me onto this post! My mum bought a juicer last year, she probably only used it a couple of times and its been sat in the back of the cupboard ever since. So I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to bring the juicer out of hiding and put it to good use! This has been my first week of juicing and I thought I would share the juices I have made with you :) 


It might be useful to note that in order for a juice diet to be effective you should be having 2 juices a day a long with balanced meals. However, I'm not the most organised person so I've only been having one juice a long with balanced and healthy meals. I started juicing as I thought it would be a good way for me to have more fruit & veg, plus I find the process to be quite fun and therapeutic as well!

Day 1
I made a green juice which had; 2 apples, 2 sticks of celery, 20g ginger, 25g kale, 1/4 lemon and 1/4 cucumber.


Day 2 
I opted for a red juice which had; 2 beetroot, 4 carrots, 1 orange, 20g kale and 30g pineapple.






Day 3
I wanted to keep it simple on day 3, so I made myself some orange juice (4 medium sized oranges) with a little black pepper for some added flavour.



Day 4
I went for the red juice used in day 2 but without the oranges. 




Day 5
I tried out another green juice but, this time with 30g spinach, 1/2 cucumber, 4 sticks of celery and 2 apples.









Hopefully, I will be able to stick to my plan of one juice everyday! I will be posting on this every week to keep you all updated on how I'm getting on. Have you tried a juicing diet? Or made juices yourself? I would love to know what you think about it, leave me a comment below :)


kiran x

No comments:

Post a Comment